The Hare Krishna is a cosy spotless eatery located near Saldanha. Away from the city’s hustle and bustle, it is a great place to have your lunch in a peaceful setting. The place is an apartment turned restaurant. It has an outdoor back garden patio where you can have your meal if it’s not raining. The set meal (€7) includes soup, dish, dessert, and a warm fruit tea. The food is very good and value for money.
- Average price: €7. Rua Dona Estefânia 91, R/C (Saldanha), Mon-Fri midday-3pm
Jardim dos Sentidos
Jardim dos Sentidos is centrally located between Avenida da Liberdade and Príncipe Real. The restaurant serves a varied menu with tasty food and a friendly service. Highly recommended.
- Average price: €9 (lunch) | €15 (dinner). Rua da Mãe de Água, 3 (Príncipe Real). Mon-Fri midday-3pm and Mon-Sat 7pm-10.30pm
Restaurante Natural Terra
This place offers a great variety of vegan and vegetarian food in a comfortable atmosphere. They have a lot of options to choose from salads, raw and cooked vegetable dishes, couscous, soups, and bruschettas.
- Average price: €12.50 (lunch) | €16 (dinner). Rua da Palmeira, 15 (Príncipe Real). Open daily 12.30pm-3.30pm and 7.30pm-midnight
Espaço da Rosa
A homemade vegan and vegetarian buffet offers an excellent quality. It includes cold starters and salads as well as hot plates of Mediterranean and Oriental influences. The overall atmosphere is very peaceful. The place is slightly off the city centre, but you can reach it by metro. It’s worth the detour.
- Average price: €12.50. Rua Acácio de Paiva, 11A (Alvalade). Mon-Wed and Sat midday-4pm, Thu-Fri midday-4pm and 7.30pm-10.30pm
The menu is varied offering vegan and vegetarian options of different latitudes from the Himalayas to Brazil. To pair with the main course, there are natural juices and fruit lassis. The desserts include the rose petal ice cream with yoghurt, cold slice of mint and chocolate, and ice cream Finisterre.
The restaurant has a small shop at the entrance with articles and information about yoga, Buddhist meditation, seminars and retreats. The outdoor garden is an unmissable area, especially during the spring and summer months.
- Average price: €12 (lunch) | €20 (dinner). Rua do Salitre, 117 (near Avenida da Liberdade). Mon-Fri 12.15pm–2.45pm and 7.30pm–10.30pm (Sat-Sun opens/closes half an hour later)