What is the Lisboa Card and what are the benefits?
The Lisboa Card is designed so that you save time and money in a visit to Lisbon. Here’s a list of the main advantages:
- Free entry in 28 monuments, museums and attractions
- Unlimited use on Lisbon’s public transport, including on metro, bus, tram, funicular and train to Sintra and Cascais
- 10% to 50% discount in several services, including hop-on hop-off buses, river cruises and fado performances
- 5% to 10% discount in specialized shops
- Free guidebook packed with information about the city main sights, helpful tips, discounts and maps
- Shopping discounts during your stay
How does the Lisboa Card work?
After purchase, you must write down your name and date on the back of card (since it is personal and non-transferable). The card is activated the first time you travel on any public transport in Lisbon, or use it in a museum or monument where free entry is included. It expires at the end of the selected period. For example, if you activate your 24-hour Lisboa Card at 10am, the card will be valid until the following day at the same time.
How long can I use the Lisboa Card?
Deciding which option to buy – 24 hours, 48 hours or 72 hours – depends on how long you’re staying in Lisbon. The price for an adult ranges between €19 and €40. If not activated, the Lisboa Card is valid for 1 year after the date of purchase.
How do I get the Lisboa Card?
Buy the Lisboa Card on any of the tourist offices, or online on the Ask Me Lisboa website.