June is the beginning of summer in Lisbon, which is also the peak of tourism in the city.
People from all over the world are drawn by the sun and nice weather, and by the promise of the summer festivities.
Weather in June: What to Pack, What to Wear
- Average High: 26ºC / 79ºF
- Average Low: 17ºC / 63ºF
- Average Rainfall: 16 millimetres / 0.63 inches
Some days in June may go over 30ºC (86ºF).
The average precipitation is 16mm, which means Lisbon receives almost no rain in June. If it does rain, it is likely to be only brief, light showers, and there is little need to pack an umbrella or raincoat if visiting during this time of year.
A Lisbon summer means shorts and short sleeves during the day. Bring a light jacket and long trousers for cooler nights.
Events in June
- Feast of Saint Anthony: Lisbon’s most important annual festivity is celebrated on the night of 12 June, but this is a month-long celebration with several events and activities happening across the city.
- Lisbon Book Fair: This annual event takes place at Parque Eduardo VII during the first half of June. Although most books are in Portuguese, this a chance to enjoy Lisbon’s city park as well as its people. Mon-Thu 12.30am to 11pm, Fri 12.30am to midnight, Sat 11am to midnight, and Sun and holidays 11am to 11pm.
- Out Jazz Festival: Every Sunday from May to September, enjoy jazz, soul, funk and hip-hop music in Lisbon’s public gardens. This month the concerts take place in Alameda Keil do Amaral, Monsanto, a large park a bit off the city centre, and start at 5pm. Admission is free.
Public Holidays in June
- 10 June: Portugal Day
- 13 June: Saint Anthony’s Day (Municipal holiday)
Cais do Sodré is currently one of the best areas in Lisbon to have a drink, eat a snack or even dinner. The epicentre is Rua Nova do Carvalho, aka Pink Street, where you can start the night and then head to Bairro Alto’s top bars and clubs.
The weather averages help you get an idea. But if you’re not sure what time of year to visit, check out our Lisbon weather page.