Michelin has picked 26 restaurants in Portugal at the 2019 awards, with three new entries. All Portugal restaurants have retained their stars, and there was one upgrade.
Portugal has now 20 restaurants awarded one star and 6 that are at two-star level, dotted across the country.
The new stars belong to Midori in Sintra, the oldest Japanese restaurant in Portugal, and the only one of Asian inspiration on the Michelin’s list, G Pousada in Bragança, and A Cozinha in Guimarães. The latter two celebrate Northern Portugal’s modern cuisine.
In Lisbon, Alma has ascended from one Michelin star to two, joining Belcanto in Chiado. In all, there are five Lisbon restaurants carrying Michelin stars.
The two Porto restaurants retained their single stars. Madeira remains unaffected, with Il Gallo d’Oro awarded two stars and William at one-star level. Overall, the Algarve is still the region of Portugal with the highest concentration of awarded restaurants.
Check out the full list of Michelin-starred restaurants in Portugal, arranged by number of stars and in alphabetical order. Many of these restaurants are in luxury hotels, so we’ve included a link to booking.com in case you want to book your foodie break.
- Alma / Henrique Sá Pessoa, Lisbon – New (upgrade)
- Belcanto / José Avillez, Lisbon
- Il Gallo d’Oro / Benoit Sinthon, The Cliff Bay, Funchal (Madeira)
- Ocean / Hans Neuner, Vila Vita Parc Resort & Spa, Alporcinhos (Algarve)
- The Yeatman / Ricardo Costa, The Yeatman Hotel, Vila Nova de Gaia
- Vila Joya / Dieter Koschina, Vila Joya Hotel, Albufeira (Algarve)
- A Cozinha / António Loureiro, Guimarães – New
- Antiqvvm / Vitor Matos, Porto
- Casa de Chá da Boa Nova / Rui Paula, Leça da Palmeira
- Bon Bon / Rui Silvestre, Carvoeiro (Algarve)
- Largo do Paço / Tiago Bonito, Hotel Casa da Calçada Relais & Chateaux, Amarante
- Eleven / Joachim Koerper, Lisbon
- Feitoria / João Rodrigues, Altis Belem Hotel & Spa, Lisbon
- Fortaleza do Guincho / Miguel Rocha Vieira, Hotel Fortaleza do Guincho, Cascais
- Gusto by Heinz Beck, Conrad Algarve, Quinta do Lago
- G Pousada / António and Óscar Gonçalves, Bragança – New
- Henrique Leis, Almancil (Algarve)
- L’And Vineyards / Miguel Laffan, L’And Vineyards Resort, Montemor-o-Novo
- Lab by Sergi Arola, Penha Longa Resort, Sintra
- Loco / Alexandre Silva, Lisbon
- Midori / Pedro Almeida, Penha Longa Resort, Sintra – New
- Pedro Lemos, Porto
- São Gabriel / Leonel Pereira, Almancil (Algarve)
- Vista / João Oliveira, Bela Vista Hotel & Spa, Portimão (Algarve)
- William / Luís Pestana, Belmond Reid’s Palace, Funchal (Madeira)
- Willie’s / Willie Wurger, Vilamoura (Algarve)