Named after King Edward VII who visited Lisbon in 1903, Parque Eduardo VII is the largest park in central Lisbon, covering 25 hectares (62 acres).
Located on a hill, the Park has a formal garden design, consisting of a sloped lawn area with symmetrical box hedges, and several species of trees on either side.
At the top, a viewing platform offers sweeping vistas over Praça Marquês do Pombal, Avenida da Liberdade and the River Tejo.
On the northwest side of the park lies the Estufa Fria greenhouse. Divided into “Cold House”, “Hothouse”, and “Sweethose”, it includes lakes, waterfalls and statues surrounded by tropical plants, cacti and other exotic plants.
The Park is home to the Michelin-Starred Feitoria restaurant. Every year, it receives the Lisbon Book Fair during the first half of June.