At midnight on New Year’s Eve, Lisbon skies blaze from several points in the city. You can watch the spectacular display for free on any of the following places:
- Terreiro do Paço: There’ll be live music, lighting, fireworks and more on Lisbon’s riverfront square.
- Belém: With a stunning view of the River Tejo and the Atlantic Ocean, a concert and fireworks will light up the Tower of Belém.
- Parque das Nações: The futuristic waterfront Parque das Nações will have music and fireworks. The Vasco da Gama Tower is the best vantage point to watch the fireworks go off at midnight.
- Almada: The south bank of the River Tejo, is probably one of the best spots to watch Lisbon’s fireworks. Just take the ferry from Cais do Sodré to Cacilhas’ celebrations. The fireworks set off at midnight from both sides of the river.
- Cascais: On the citadel of Cascais, there’ll be DJ music and a colourful display of fireworks above the bay (if the weather permits) or above the pier.